|My Sunday morning set up: coffee, laptop, notebook & pen. |
Outside the frame: my husband at his desk & my lab at my feet. 100% domestic perfection.
Today's prompt was: What is new so far this year?
|My notebook, simple & purse-sized|
|My handwriting switches between print & cursive|
The list reads:
- We finally moved to SF!
- This has been on our minds for almost 7 years. Finally, all the stars aligned and it made sense to move.
- I visited Yellowstone
- My extended family does these great trips together about every other year. This year we went as a great big tribe to Yellowstone! It's like Mars there.
- I got a full-time job for the 1st time since 2011
- I need to keep remembering how awesome this is, how proud I should be of this. On New Year's Day of 2013, I was working at Starbucks. Now I'm working at a start-up.
- We sold all our cars + Matt rides me around on his motorcycle
- If you'd told high school me I'd be carless someday, I might have cried. LA kids learn to treat their cars as part locker room, part studio apartment -- the only place they can truly be alone. But honestly, life without cars here is 98% amazing (the 2% is how hard it is to get someplace far away with our doggie). The motorcycle is a long-held dream of Matt's, and I have learned to love it as well. Sure surprised me!
- I got called back at the EMC company nearby -- and I've been offered multiple roles w/o auditioning
- I am/have been an actor in the Bay Area, but my drive to audition has been waning. But just as I stop pushing so hard to get cast, people start turning around and showing interest! I also have a life-long dream of peeing in the Times Square Equity building, which you can only do once you're a member. So, I press on.
- My sister is engaged!!!
- My one and only sibling, my little sister, got engaged in late June, and is planning a September/October 2014 wedding. I'm already working on my